1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

teaching in dubai or abu dhabi

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by jonaghb, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Am hoping to head to either abu dhabi or dubai to teach in September. I have 6 years teaching experience. I am Irish however and not trained with the English curriculum. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the best schools to apply for and whether I can apply for the British schools or not! Any advice would be really appreciated!
    Thanks

2. rosyanna

rosyanna New commenter

I am assuming your 6 years experience is not NC? There are some Irish teachers here [AD], but either they have taught in England and so have relevant experience, or are not at the better schools. The best schools in AD want either NC or US currrciculum experience. Are you primary? If so, I think you may find it difficult at the most established schools, although you could well find a job - there is a school here affiliated to a petroleum company and a school for emirates nationals who I know have Irish staff. You may stand a chance if you teach a shortage secondary subject.
    I think Dubai is maybe the same?

3. thanks for your reply! experience is not NC and I am primary so kind of worried! need to apply for a career break and don't want to end upjobless! thanks for your reply though!