1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Canada

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by jpacker1993, Oct 7, 2020.

  1. Hi,

    I know there are other threads with people trying to answer this question, but I thought I'd start another.

    I am a qualified primary school with QTS and a BA (hons) in Primary Education. I am looking for any advice on all the necessary documents I need to apply for places in Canada. My research got me quite far and I have created accounts on a few official websites for certain Provinces as I know that all Provinces are different.

    As far as I currently know, I need a work permit and social number just to get started with looking.

    What I want to know is;
    - What documents do I need?
    - What further qualifications do I need?
    - Is the process worth it?
    - Any tips on how to complete this?

    Preferably I'd like to hear from people have done this, but I'll take any help

  2. loranp

    loranp New commenter

    The Teaching Overseas forum would be a better place to ask this question. But there is a huge shortage of teaching jobs in Canada. It's incredibly hard for actual Canadians who have trained in Canada to find jobs - a lot of Canadian teachers are teaching overseas. It's also nigh on impossible to get a Canadian work visa, particularly if you want to work in a province such as British Columbia or Ontario, which are more desirable.

Share This Page