1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in azerbaijan

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by jenballantyne, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Does anyone know anything about living and teaching in Azerbaijan?

or what life is like in Baku city?

thanks

2. SecondPlace

SecondPlace Occasional commenter

We are moving there at the end of July. Quite a lot of red tape involved in getting visas etc and not the cheapest place to ship to.

If the school is supportive then it is all doable but it takes time.

We had a couple of days in Baku last week to have a look around and the city looks great. The centre is small but very charming. Lots of pedestrian streets and seemed very safe to be wandering around at night. There is a long seafront boulevard for walking/running/cycling along and a whole host of restaurants to explore.

If you've been to Istanbul then the culture will be very familiar and if you've a working, or better, knowledge of Turkish then the language will be accessible as well.

We were impressed with what we saw in the two days we were there and are excited to be going back to settle there.

This page has useful info: http://baku.angloinfo.com/

3. So we will be there together as I have accepted a job there too! I wonder if it's the same school?

Thanks for helping me get excited.