1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Australia

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by analou, Aug 6, 2011.

1. I am trying to locate information about moving to Australia for a few years to teach. I am a Secondary School Teacher of Dance and Drama in the UK and would love to live in the Melbourne area. I have looked on the internet but there are so many sites out there that don't give the full picture or contridict one another. I have scored 175 on the National Visa website.
    What is my next step? Are there any websites (similar to TES) that will enable me to find teaching jobs? Does anyone know what I should be doing to make my dream of teaching in the Melbourne area happen, please????? [​IMG]

2. I am trying to locate information about moving to Australia for a few years to teach. I am a Secondary School Teacher of Dance and Drama in the UK and would love to live in the Melbourne area. I have looked on the internet but there are so many sites out there that don't give the full picture or contridict one another. I have scored 175 on the National Visa website.
    What is my next step? Are there any websites (similar to TES) that will enable me to find teaching jobs? Does anyone know what I should be doing to make my dream of teaching in the Melbourne area happen, please????? [​IMG]

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Hi AnaLou. I think this forum is for people looking to teach in the UK (from another country) You may get more help of the Teaching Overseas forum. I'm looking at moving to NSW and it seems each state has its own body you will need to register with to teach.
    I think this website is the one you'll need.
    Maybe see you on the other forum! [​IMG] x