1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Australia without completing Induction

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by K2500, Jan 18, 2011.

1. <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">In August I am going travelling for a year and due to unforeseen circumstances i will not be able to complete my NQT year before going travelling. By August i will have completed 2.5 terms. I will be in Australia for 12 months and was planning on teaching in Australia. Does anyone know if you have to have completed your induction in order to teach there?
    </td></tr></table>

2. Hey,

I also have the same query. my partner is from Victoria Australia. I want to complete my ogce in june and then move to Australia in August. I am aware that you cannot do an NQT there but i was wondering if there is an equilvent?

I have been told that you have to register under the australian teaching authority... though can i do this without an NQT. I hope i can do Australia's vrsion of an induction year.

Charmaine

3. Hi just wondered if you managed to get a reply to your query as intersted in doing this also??
    [​IMG]

4. Each state is different with regards to rules and regs - if you google the state/s you are interested in and 'Teacher Registration Board' you will get their website, and the specific, up to date (hopefully! lol) regulations.
    Sorry, not up on things like NQT/Probationary rules as it doesn't apply to me (been a teacher for what feels like far too long now) - I believe there is something like a probation year in at least one state, but to be completely honest the person I was speaking to about this - it was a couple of years ago and I can't remember the state - not wonderfully helpful I know, sorry!
    If you're interested in South Australia, its http://www.trb.sa.edu.au/default.php
    Good luck :)