1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Australia with U.K. qualifications

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by MrRRAFFERTY, Sep 14, 2017.


    MrRRAFFERTY New commenter

    Hi there,

    I am a fully qualified Primary school teacher and have had some experience teaching/training in special education needs schools as well as mainstream schools.

    Firstly, What I want to know is, is there anything top up wise course I can do to enable me to be qualified in SEN teaching?

    When I did my PGCE in 2014/5 part of my training was SEN focused and I spent some time there. Aside from this, I taught in a SEN school in the U.K as a substitute teacher and I have taught SEN children within some of the mainstream schools I was in. A specific SEN qualification is not needed in the UK to teach SEN but I understand that it is for Australia.

    How could I acquire the relevant qualifications that would allow me teach SEN here in Australia?

    Secondly, what is the step-by-step process I need to follow to get registered as a Teacher in NSW?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Best Regards

    Ryan Rafferty

Share This Page