1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Australia with a PGDE

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Suziemacari, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Suziemacari

Suziemacari New commenter

Hi there
    I was wondering if anyone could help me as I can't seem to find any information online to clear this up. I have just passed my PGDE from a Scottish university, I won't be able to start my probation year till next August 2016. At the end of this month I am going to Perth, Australia for 9 months. Would anyone know if I would be able to teach out there? I know its quite unlikely as I have just qualified so I don't have the experience that most schools may be looking for, but was just wondering if maybe a teaching assistant job may be an option?

2. Sileas

Sileas New commenter

Could be possible. I had an Irish friend that went out to Australia after finishing her PGDE at Moray House but I can't be more helpful than that. I don't know how she did it, or even if she had to get a visa or had dual nationality. Sorry!