1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TEACHING IN AUSTRALIA - what am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by guissepp, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm also a Primary school Teacher in my 8th year of teaching. To qualify as an Early childhood teacher you need to fulfill this criteria:
    (i) an initial teacher education qualification relevant to the nominated occupation of at least one year full-time study (or part-time equivalent) at the higher education (university) level that includes a minimum of 45 days of supervised teaching practice with students in a school setting, relevant to the nominated occupation
    Check you PGCE to see what it covered. My PGCE was 5-11 so I can't qualify for Early childhood. I'm hoping to do a course but really don't fancy doing anothor PGCE or Masters. If anyone can offer any advice on suitable courses that will be accepted by the Australia skills authority please do let me know.

2. jaynethomas0207

jaynethomas0207 New commenter

Anyone know the picture at present - in terms of needs for teachers?

3. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

I often browse the jobs pages just out of curiosity and around a month ago a few jobs started appearing for AUS/NZ so I imagine that this is when they look to recruit for the new school year.
    You might find more useful info on the Teaching Overseas form https://community.tes.com/forums/teaching-overseas.64/ - this one is used more by overseas trained teachers looking to work in the UK I think.

4. jaynethomas0207

jaynethomas0207 New commenter