1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Teaching in America

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Natalie_x0, Oct 9, 2015.

  1. Natalie_x0

    Natalie_x0 New commenter

    I am currently in my second year of teaching in the UK and am looking to hopefully make the move across the pond to join my boyfriend in Philadelphia. After years of countless trips back and forth, we would love to begin our lives together and finally be in the same city again, as we were when we met four years ago on our study abroad programme in Sydney! However, being in the same city requires a VISA and as I believe, it can only be obtained through either being sponsored by an employer in the USA or through a marriage proposal. Ideally I would like to take the sponsorship route as accepting a marriage proposal which is highly influenced by entrance to the USA, would be wrong.

    I absolutely love teaching and would love to continue my teaching career in America. I am currently a Year 1 teacher with an Education Studies BA Hons Degree (2:1) and a PGCE in EYFS and KS1.

    I am looking for anyone who can give me any kind of advice, guidance or support on where to start in this process.
    Or just to talk to someone who has taught in America and can provide me with some insight as to what it may be like for a UK citizen.

    Thanks in advance, Natalie
  2. Wotton

    Wotton Lead commenter

    See the posts on the teaching overseas forum. from what most have said it is very very difficult to get a visa for the USA.

Share This Page