1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in a special school.............

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Nov 2, 2010.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Sorry.....did someone say something? [​IMG]

2. dande

dande New commenter

Oh, I'm telling M&S for nicking their slogan.

3. Doglover

Doglover Occasional commenter

Perhaps Belle, if your posts had not have been in the tone they were, others would not have appeared to havebeen judgemental.

4. dande

dande New commenter

Yes. So you do not deny swearing on this thread?

5. BelleDuJour

6. No, not me. It doesn't sound like you should be in special measures any more - it sounds like a really positive place for children.

7. dande

dande New commenter

Do you care to explain the emoticon that you have used?

8. It wasn't, but it is now! We got out in 14 months and with a 'good' overall. [​IMG]

9. BelleDuJour

Yes....I'm sick of all the vitriol you are spouting at me tonight and last night.
    There....happy?

10. It certainly sounds like an interesting place to be, Belle. I hope you continue to enjoy it. I really can't imagine me ever going back to mainstream after having been where I am now.

11. dande

dande New commenter

That's good coming from you considering the posters that you have upset with your comments on here. However, I have not resorted to swearing unlike you. Perhaps it is because you have been unable to respond to the posts that I have made or substantiate the claims that you making?

12. BelleDuJour

Time for bed......said Zebedee [​IMG]

13. dande

dande New commenter

So avoiding responding. No wonder you fall down when debating issues with other posters if you whimper out of a reply.

14. Oh for goodness sake!! So Belle wrote '***' in one of her posts - oooohhhhhh best lock her away! If you don't like her posts stop reading them and spouting over-sensitive rubbish! There seems to be a clique of loons on here nowadays who pick holes in anything. If this is the way you go about your every day lives I really don't know how you manage to converse with a variety of people on a daily basis. Most people I come across would mortally offend you as soon as open their mouths going by this thread. So, can we get back to the very obvious original reason for this thread, i.e. peoples' experiences of working with children with severe autism? Pleeeeeaaaassseeeeee??

15. dande

dande New commenter

Belle's desire for attention? Her opening post clearly belittles the very people who she is writing about and she should have more respect for them. She simply wants people to tell her she is wonderful. I view her very much as the spoilt child with the parents who tell their little princess she can do and say whatever she wants and there will be no repercussion. She doesn't like it when people confront her over the things that she has said.

16. I read from her first post that she was very much a novice but was loving the job and would appreciate hearing about other peoples' experiences. If you really think that she is fishing for attention then why are you biting so much? Seriously, it is coming across as mild lunacy!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Really? Are they all on this thread? Or is the reality actually that, other than ONE poster, the others WERE discussing autism in perfectly reasonable tone and no small measure of knowledge and/or experience?
    A number of contributors whose posts were sneered at are both experienced and knowledgeable - at the very least as much as belle du jour and, quite possibly, considerably more so.
    As I have previously discussed sebd and sen with her I had not expected the sheer nastiness of her comments about my posts and about me personally (all based on the fact that I had the effrontery to disagree with her). This despite the fact that I had already posted on the thread regarding the history of sen (ie the medical model that ensured that young people such as belle's pupils were blocked from accessing the curriculum). I have also mentioned on many occasions that I have taught a number of pupils with ASD and that I have post grad SfL qualifications. I had, until now, not mentioned my step grandson's diagnosis.
    There are a couple of posters much given to bandying about accusations of nastiness who would be well advised to have a good think about their own comments.

18. As I said, discussing the nature of autism is part of that. Belle made some statements about autism and other people have asked her to support them in some way. Instead she has told us all off for being nasty. How can there be a proper discussion and robust advice if we're not allowed to disagree and to discuss the nature of those disagreements?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

...and I'm heartily and thoroughly sick to the back teeth of terms such as 'clique' or 'pack' being used when more than one person disagrees with another poster. It happens - often because that poster is wrong. However we are ALL individuals, writing from our individual living rooms/studies/bedrooms agreeing or disagreeing according to OUR opinions/knowledge/etc. I'm inclined to think that those making this accusation must have reason for doing so - and it makes me wonder whether or not THEY are the ones mustering agreement.

20. The "clique" statement astounds me - I was just thinking how strange it was that some posters who are normally on the opposite sides of arguments were agreeing with each other on this thread!