1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching ICT with half the pc’s

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by liamfh, Jul 9, 2018.

1. liamfh

liamfh New commenter

My school is having to turn the ict suite into another classroom. Not so great for me being the ict/computing teacher.

Im being moved with my new form group to the ict room and when they go for pe, dt, art etc I will be teaching ks4 classes in there.

My issue is I’m going to have to teach ks3 and ks2 classes in their form rooms that only have 4 computers with a class of 8 students.

Has anyone got experience of teaching ict like this? I’m not sure how I’m going to accurately assess students who will always be working in pairs. Or even how the autistic children I teach are somehow going to be happy to share and work with someone else?

Any tips, advice, suggestions or resources for shared learning would be greatly appreciated.

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Would four laptops be beyond the budget?

3. Eclectic_Jellyfish

Eclectic_Jellyfish New commenter

I agree with @frustum x4 laptops would be the ideal solution. Other than that, could you plan e-safety/ unplugged activities as well as computer based activities and then rotate half way through the lesson?