1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching History to Dyslexic Students

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by mparker2014, Mar 13, 2016.

1. mparker2014

mparker2014 New commenter

Hello would anyone be able to recommend any research papers on teaching history to secondary school dyslexic students. Focus would be on teaching issues and strategies used by history teachers along with students frustrations and feedback to strategies used in the classroom. So far I have only come across generic papers aimed at any subject rather than papers specifically aimed at the history discipline.

2. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

A number of years ago I compiled a series of bibliographies of special educational needs focusing on each subject in the National Curricukum. The History version is on my website at
    http://www.specialeducationalneeds.com/home/inclusion
    Follow the History link under the heading "Meeting additional needs", subheading "Special educational needs". The bibliography in the folder has a couple of references on Specific learning difficulties in History and there is also access to a Dyslexia Scotland booklet entitled "Dyslexia and social subjects (Geography, History, Modern Studies, Philosophy, Religious Studies)".

Hope this helps.

kirstenly likes this.