1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching grammar through drama

Discussion in 'Primary' started by paul_mc1, Mar 14, 2016.

1. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any websites that are free and have games and activities to support teaching grammar. What sites do other people use for teaching Literacy? I find Numeracy much easier and use lots of great resources online but find Literacy websites harder to come across.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

3. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

Sorry - foolishly tried to post a weblink. The Literacy Shed is great.

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

All sounds too VAK for my liking, and something of an avoidance strategy.

whitestag likes this.
  5. whitestag

whitestag Senior commenter

Just teach the grammar. The content is enough for them to focus on without giving them the chance to **** about and avoid doing some work.

6. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I'm just wondering how you could act out a subordinating conjunction:confused:

whitestag likes this.
  7. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Ha! That's actually one I do move about for (well, when talking about a main clause and a subordinate clause).

List one arm up higher to show the main clause, one lower acting like he needs the main clause to make sense.

I agree with others though - there is plenty of grammar to be taught. I find the children generally don't mind learning it either.