1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching German at KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by crumbs18, Jun 17, 2017.

1. crumbs18

crumbs18 New commenter

Hello! I currently have a lovely job covering PPA in a primary school. I currently teach French in KS2 and will be continuing to do so next year in years 3-5 but my head teacher has asked me to teach German to the Year 6s in preparation for secondary school. I need to cover the basics - numbers, colours, talking about yourself etc and the sounds of the language. I am confident with French as I studied it at A level but will need the support of a structured programme in German to help me with pronunciation, video clips of native speakers and basic lesson plans I can adapt. We use Rigolo for French and I'd love to use something like this for German but am struggling to find find anything that's not heavily based on book work or is aimed at children much younger than Year 6. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thank you

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    bonxie likes this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

i recommend the Goethe Institut snf there's an online website and dartn it i've forgotten the name:oops:. Really basic though and children love it.
    If I can find it I'll post a link.

Edit found it http://www.ukgermanconnection.org/kids-uk

4. crumbs18

crumbs18 New commenter

I'll have a look at those links. Thanks for the recommendations.

5. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.