1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

teaching french to a year 5 class

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by thedancingqueen, Jan 26, 2011.

1. I'm a trainee and I'm teaching French after easter. Anyone know any good websites for resources, video clips, songs etc please? I can speak French but haven't had many sessions at university on how to actually teach it. I'm with a year 5 class on placement.

2. I'm a trainee and I'm teaching French after easter. Anyone know any good websites for resources, video clips, songs etc please? I can speak French but haven't had many sessions at university on how to actually teach it. I'm with a year 5 class on placement.

3. le club francais is a good start, you need to pay for it but think it is well worth it. A lot of songs and activities. For simple stories and rhymes check CCEA primary languages website.

Have fun.

4. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

5. Just been on what I think is the club francais website but I'm not paying £69 to use it. I'm only a student and I'll only be teaching 9 or 10 lessons. Anyone know of any good free resources please? I'm sure I'll be able to find/make resources and teach french effectively without spending a penny.

6. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Thanks. If you time pressing the two start buttons well, you can get the animals to sing the song in the round!