1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching French in the US as a French Native

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by lobna27, Sep 2, 2017.

1. lobna27

lobna27 New commenter

Hello,

I am planning on becoming a French Teacher in the US. I am a French native and I obtained an Associate's Degree back in France in International Commerce.
    I have contacted many universities in the US but it seems that nobody can tell me specifically what type of Degree I have to obtain in order to become a French Teacher. Some suggested I should get a French Degree and get a teaching Certification within the Degree and some other suggested I can get a any Degree and take the Alternative Route for Certification, although all of them were unable to tell me if that even would apply to me being native therefore fluent in French.
    Also, teaching Certifications rules vary depending on which State you choose to become a teacher.
    Has anyone been through the same situation ? I am looking for someone who can help me as universities advisors cannot do so.

thank you for your help.