1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching ESL

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by jordanmyatt4, Mar 26, 2020.

1. jordanmyatt4

jordanmyatt4 New commenter

Hi All,

Hope you are all well and safe :)

Im looking into possibly teaching ESL online as I've always been intrested in how it is done. I was just wondering (I know you can't name companies on here, but if you could PM me that would be amazing) who are the best ESL online companies to work for? And if people enjoy it?

Thank you!

Stay safe

ellenlilymay likes this.
  2. lynden7

lynden7 New commenter

It doesn't look like there are a lot of ESL tutors here, does it?! I teach a mixture of ESL and straight primary English. One student was recommended by a friend and the other found me through an agency. I wouldn't recommend the agency for ESL though (it's not really meant for that) because most of my enquiries wanted a really low price that I wouldn't offer. Yes, I do enjoy it very much. I'll PM you the name of a company I've had mentioned to me - whether it's any good, I don't know!

3. ellenlilymay

ellenlilymay New commenter

HI I was wondering exactly the same thing - could you let me know as well, as there seem to be hundreds of agencies selling online ESL/EFL to overseas students? I'd be very grateful.

I have a TESOL qualification and have in the meantime been teaching other things, and enjoy teaching online but am concerned at the integrity of some of these online agencies. If anyone could advise this would be great.

4. Happyregardless

Happyregardless Occasional commenter

I teach ESOL/EFl etc - I don't have a TESOL or TEFL qualification but am I am a qualified Primary teacher of some 20+ years and most companies seem to accept this and then you have their own training. If you want a referral link then just PM me

shaia likes this.