1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching English in Dubai: Questions

Discussion in 'English' started by IE1929, Jul 12, 2017.

1. IE1929

IE1929 New commenter

Hi all!

I just wanted a few questions answered.

What is it like teaching in Dubai? How do I go about finding a respected website/recruitment agency to put me in touch with schools out in Dubai? Shall I just pay attention to the jobs advertised on the Guardian website? What is to be trusted and what isn't? Is it best to apply directly to the school?

I will be teaching English 11-18 -do I need to complete a course in TEFL/TESL?
    Any advice when living in Dubai?

Does anyone have any information they can give me? All information is welcome! Do not hesitate to write as much as you would like to!

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

Post this in the 'teaching overseas' forum instead.

Register with Search Associates for international jobs.

If you want to teach at a British curriculum or IB school then you don't need a CELTA (TEFL).

3. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Occasional commenter Forum guide

You can check out the International Schools Review forum (the free bit) to ask questions about particular schools that are posting jobs.

4. you can check out goabroad website - there are some interesting options. best