1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Early Years in Bangkok?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by HelloWanderlust, Dec 6, 2018.

1. HelloWanderlust

HelloWanderlust New commenter

Hello all,

I’ve been away from the international scene for a while but I’ve seen a new position today on TES at what appears to be a very nice kindergarten in Bangkok.

It seems like the kind of place that could be lovely for an EY teacher like myself, but I’m trying to work out if the salary/benefits would even be worth uprooting the family. There is no mention of salary or if they provide school places for kids. It mentions medical is provided. Housing is a choice between a furnished “studio” or a housing allowence to find your own place.

If anyone has any further insight, I’d appreciate it. My last overseas position was a very good package with good benefits but it was at a very large school. I would much prefer to work at a small EY only campus like this but I suspect the package may not be enough.

Thanks in advance

2. tjh102

tjh102 Occasional commenter

Hi. If it is the one named for the Cam ridges' residence, it is a lovely place. Really nice community, the head is amazing... Fantastic place to be. I have been to visit myself, and have friends that work there.

Salary isn't in the heady heights that Perce and everyone keep mentioning but is around 95k a month.

It is quite a way of of the city, though and on the "wrong" side of the river.

3. HelloWanderlust

HelloWanderlust New commenter

That’s the one! Thank you very much Tjh102. That was a really helpful reply. Appreciate it!

4. tjh102

tjh102 Occasional commenter

Glad I could help. I got burned by a dodgy school so like to give information if I can.