1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Drama and PSHE/PSE?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by OoFaithoO, Mar 7, 2011.

1. OoFaithoO

OoFaithoO New commenter

Hi all,

I will be applying for the SNITT GTP in September 2011, when I will be in my third year of university. I'm pretty conscientious and have done quite a lot of work experience and observations, and am currently in the process of writing my own full school SOW.
    I am aware that Drama compliments many of the other humanities subjects, and that PSE is often used within the subject itself. I look at the job pages frequently and have seen that there is only ever a drama job every few weeks that an NQT could apply for. I will be training in straight drama, but would like to offer PSHE too. I was wondering if I taught myself the syllabus and read the relevant books, could I offer this at an interview as an add-on? Would it make me appear potentially more attractive to employers?
    I'm not sure if this process is a plausible one, perhaps it would be moreso if I took on the responsibilty of a form class or PSE teaching during my ITT year - though I know this is unlikely to be the case.
    If anyone can comment on this idea I'd really appreciate it.