1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Design and Technology in Abu Dhabi (Resources)

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by gcs30, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Hi
    Don't know if anybody could help me?
    I am starting a Head of Design and Technology post in Abu Dhabi in September, the school has a good set up in the way of equipment, however, I am stuck on where to get the necessary resouces to run Design and Technology in Abu Dhabi.
    If anybody could help me I would like to know where to source timber, metal, plastic, glues for timber and plastic, Styrofoam and Foam board and all of the other little things you need to run a Design and Technology Department.

2. Hi - I know your post was a long time ago and I really hope you managed to get sotred with materials because as a fellow D&T professional who taught in New Zealand, I know how frustrating this can be. As your post was so long ago, I'm not sure if you are still in the UAE but if you are could you please spend a few minutes to explain how things went for you as I am thiking about teaching in the UAE.
    Any advice would be really appreciated -Thanks