1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Couples -

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by missmunchie, Jan 9, 2011.

1. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

Send both your applications together with one cover letter.

2. Wanderer007

Wanderer007 New commenter

Hence...

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Everything depends purely upon you and your employment history. If you teach the right subjects it becomes much easier looking for a job.
    I have a non-working spouse with two young children and it has not been a problem finding jobs. I just avoid those schools which I feel cannot afford paying for me and three dependents.
    For those with dependents - don't give up!!

4. As one half of a teaching couple I have seen this from both sides, as I believe it has been to our advantage so far.
    On the other side, I prefer to employ couples; reduced housing costs and more likely to stay for longer than singles. But as others have said, it depends on your subjects, your experience.

5. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

If you both have the subjects the school is looking for AND you both have a good record and tick the right boxes you are a benefit to the school.
    If you do not offer the right subject combination OR one of you isn't up to standard, then it will be a negative.

Simple as that! Happy New Year Everyone!