1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching BTEC Performing Arts next year help needed - PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by arrrrrrrbee, Jun 2, 2009.

1. arrrrrrrbee

arrrrrrrbee New commenter

I would very much appreciate a look-see at your assignments. Yes please!
    My email is:
    Dimplesandgrin@aol.com
    I do have a schools one if you would prefer?
    Thank you very much for your help.
    I really do appreciate it.

2. maspinall

maspinall New commenter

Hello!
    I was hoping you could help me. I've just qualified as a drama teacher and my new school want me to teach first certificate in Btec dance. The school havn't done it before and have no SOW aarrgg!
    Would you be able to help me or give me any tips of what to start with in september?
    I really would apreciate any help what so ever,
    Michelle
    maspinall@hotmail.com

3. Mad dog

Mad dog New commenter

4. Good luck in your course planning.
    As well as planning your course, you also need to plan assessents and assignment briefs and look at the process of Internal Verification of the briefs- before they are given to the students. You also need to have marked work IV'd as you will have a visit from your External verifier between January and the end of April each year. The EV comes in to do National Standards Sampling - and you need to have some assessed and IV'd work complete with evidence etc ready for the EV visit.
    I'm an EV for performing arts/music as well as running a busy performing arts dept in a college of FE. I have seen lots of centres - particularly schools, who have a real problem when it comes to NSS for the first time as a lot of the training courses do not mention NSS and IV/EV processes and how to prepare - if they have no other btec's running at the centre there is no one to advise.
    Look in to this process early on and be prepared!

5. Hi

We're launching level 2 BTEC Performing Arts (Performance) in September. I have a clue where to start! If you would be willing to share some SOW with me I would be grateful.
    Thanks in anticipation
    My email is: hfrean@wsgfl.org.uk

Hannah Frean

6. Should read I haven't a clue where to start!

7. Hiya,

I am also in a similar situation and am introducing the BTEC and I wondered if I could have some hints and tips as well. This is a really useful post, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Nicola

8. Am also in a situation where am having to write a million SOWs for units I haven't taught before.

Would really appreciate having a look at any SOWs or assignment briefs put together. Will be teaching Btec National Dip, First Dip and Introductory!

Massive thanks,

Emma

9. i couldn't agree more - there is no point in re-inventing the wheel - on that note could you possible send me the resources you allude to. i am teaching First Dip and first cert for the first time and feel am drowning in paperwork/assessemnts! could you possibly help me?

Thanks in anticipation
    Laura

10. Hi Sloggek,

I am just launching level 2 BTEC performing arts dance and was wondering if you could offer any help and guidance regarding assigments. I am very confused :(

Thanks

Nicki

11. Hello
    Please could I have a look at your assignments or anything you think would be useful.
    My email address is: sjc2696@hotmail.com
    Thank you

12. Hiya Hannah

Did you manage to get a SOW for level 2 performing arts? If so is there any chance you can send it to me? Sorry to be cheeky but I have a SOW that is falling apart and I feel like I am ready to be fitted for a straight jacket!! I am teaching level 1 and 2 combined and I am drowning in work. I think a tried and tested SOW would really help the cause!

My email is: slm1979@hotmail.com

13. Hiya Emma

Did you manage to get a SOW for level 2 or 1 performing arts? If so is there any chance you can send it to me? Sorry to be cheeky but I have a SOW that is falling apart and I feel like I am ready to be fitted for a straight jacket!! I am teaching level 1 and 2 combined and I am drowning in work. I think a tried and tested SOW would really help the cause! Am desperate for help but I am the only perf arts teacher in the college. AARRGGHH!!

My email is: slm1979@hotmail.com

14. Hi ya,
    I am planning to teach BTEC first diploma performing arts next year and would be very grateful if i could look through any SOWs of work to give me an idea of the layout and the way to structure assignment briefs. Once I have written mine ill be happy to share them with you.
    jenhumphries931@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    Jen

15. Hi am also in the same position as a lot of people on here! I currently teach Science but dance outside of school, so have been asked to teach the dance side of the BTEC Performing Arts! I was very excited at first but now have no idea where to start!
    Any schemes of work or advice would be be very helpful!
    My email address is vickycornwall@hotmail.com[​IMG]
    Thanks alot!
    Vicky

16. Princessdenise

Princessdenise New commenter

Anybody got any ideas for the new unit 1 Education option? ARGH! I am really stuck for ideas!