1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Assistants working from home

Discussion in 'Teaching & Learning' started by whelancassie, Apr 21, 2020.

1. whelancassie

whelancassie New commenter

Just wondering if anyone can give any information on what their school is requiring TA's/LSA's to do when working from home during the period of school closure. Are you requiring TA's/LSA's to complete tasks from home? If so, what type of tasks have been set for them? Thanks in advance.

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Nothing at all.
    But we are an independent and they have been furloughed, so they can't work.

whelancassie likes this.
  4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Our 1;1 TAs are overseeing the work set for their charges-so amending/adapting the work set or in some cases doing far more! Our class TAs are on the key worker rota ( so one day every 2 weeks) or are helping the class teachers comment on portfolio work completed, they're reading stories and uploading the videos or just having a break!

5. whelancassie

whelancassie New commenter

Like the idea of reading stories!

6. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

The children get to vote on which story is read, they love it!

whelancassie likes this.
  7. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

All our staff, teachers and TAs are one the rota, one day every 3 weeks. Other than that, I know that some schools have compiled a list of on-line courses TAs can take if they want to, but no pressure - at least from the ones I know.

whelancassie likes this.
  8. MissHobbsconnaught

MissHobbsconnaught New commenter

As a TA I am working from home preparing resources such as phonics ... they are printing it all out and bringing me a laminator (my favourite job )

I am also sourcing packs for the LAs that I work with in school and emailing to the SENDCo.

I video record a phonics lesson each week and have now been asked to come up with a way to teach and support HFWs via a pre recorded video weekly ... struggling to come up with ideas for that at the moment

9. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

Our TAs are also on the rota in school with teachers. They plan and mark work for their groups. They are allocated online courses that they must complete. They attend class hang-outs with their teacher and class every day. Some also do class reads. They are also planning for next term for their groups and getting resources ready for new classes in September. They are also advised to do CPD.

10. Owleyes00

Owleyes00 New commenter

Our TAs are on the keyworker rota and also now some of them are in bubbles. They have been asked to create some resources for different home learning activities, do a food safety course online and dial into class zooms