1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Assistants jobs

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by wemily984, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Hi everyone! I am a P1 Teacher certificate holder but I am currently interested in working as an assistant teacher though I have not secured a job yet.

Is it possible for me to get a job in international schools ??
    Somebody please tell me that I may i apply coz am in dire need of a job.

2. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

You could certainly apply in Britain but I am not sure about International schools.

Are you aware that most of the jobs are part time and that the pay scales varies from county to county? Many Local Authorities have bank staff which may be a quicker way to be employed initially. Most positions for this term will have been filled by now.
    Good luck.

3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Is this a qualification from Kenya? When you say an Assistant teacher do you mean a teaching assistant who supports a teacher in the class room.In international schools overseas most but not all of these jobs are taken by local hire.
    Do you want to work in the UK or in another country. The difficulty will always be getting a visa.

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

If you are here in the UK and want to work here, it might be a good idea to go to an agency which supplies teachers and TAs - they would probably be able to advise you as to whether you would be able to apply for a TA role in the UK. Good luck.