1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching assistant post overseas

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by lancashire, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hi
    Does anyone know of any international schools who recruit Teaching Assistants/Learning Mentors through TES ?
    I have only found one so far and have been put off the school by negative feedback.

Thanks
    Rebecca

2. Hi
    Does anyone know of any international schools who recruit Teaching Assistants/Learning Mentors through TES ?
    I have only found one so far and have been put off the school by negative feedback.

Thanks
    Rebecca

3. Hi,

I've just had a quick scout of international schools in Europe (a quick scout, so haven't looked at loads) most of them seem to suggest sending speculative CVs or attending recruitment fairs. The school I am going to work in (not in Europe) employ local TAs. This might be why there are so few TA jobs advertised on TES.
    This might be complete rubbish, just thought I'd try and help.

4. Problem with TAs, whom we love, is immigration, if the country has an indigenous population.

5. An international school in Russia is looking for TAs. It's on their website.

6. 576

576 Established commenter

I know exactly what you mean
    but still I find myself trying to think of a country which doesn't have an in digenous population?! [​IMG]

7. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

No, but most schools will advertise for TA's on their websites. You may want to target a country/cities and start checking all of the international schools' websites in that area. The problem is that in many parts of the world the school will fill those roles with local hires. Some are willing to pay a bit more for someone with native English and experience but it is still not going to be close to an overseas hired teacher.
    Have you tried the British Forces schools?
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/338.aspx?PageIndex=1