1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching assistant payscales

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by threeships, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Please could someone tell me the pay scale for Grade 3 Level 1 teaching assistant .
    Many thanks.

2. Please could someone tell me the pay scale for Grade 3 Level 1 teaching assistant .
    Many thanks.

3. Hi, Not sure what you mean exactly in out LEA, you're either a grade 3 OR a level 3 (or grade/level 2/1) not a grade 3 level 1.

Pay varies from county to county, try looking on your local councils website.

TAwren

4. I think they mean Level 1 TA, Grade 3 pay scale. It is probably about £15,000 if they are using the NJC scales.

5. Hello, I don't know what this grade means either but in my LEA pay is advertised as if you were doing the job full time with only about four weeks paid holiday. In reality you have to take more like 13 weeks holiday and work part time. This may not be the same in your area, but it is worth checking as I know lots of people who haven't realised this because they don't make it very obvious!
    The only way to find out here, is to phone the LEA/ school and check what the actual starting salary will be!
    Good wishes, Jill

6. 32.5 hours pw = £16,806
    37 hours pw = £19,600
    that is top of level 3