1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Assistant Options + Advice Please

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by dozymare1957, Apr 26, 2012.

1. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Apply anyway. Your experience may be enough

2. the best way in is to try voluntary if you can show well you can work with the children and give the right support to school, teacher and pupils you never know something may come up an you will have some experience then. I was very lucky landing my job, hope you have the same luck x

3. Thank you both of you. :)
    So even though the jobs are level two can I still apply and have a chance of being accepted without the qualification?
    Have got some more voluntary work lined up at a school when I finish my exams so fingers crossed. :)

4. I was in the same situation as you. I am currently working as a TA and I was told I got the job because of my degree and previous work experience with children. Its worth enrolling on a course as you may decide to stay being a TA for a while. I am planning on applying for the 2014 teaching intake. Good luck :)