1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Assistant Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by krissmith56, Jul 21, 2020.

1. I want to get into teaching after having some classroom experience as a teaching assistant. I have got my first zoom interview for a role in KS2 next week and they'd like me to prepare a presentation on a children's book to read to a group aged 7-11 and include how I would teach a lesson on an aspect of this book. Does anybody have any recommendations for books or any tips on what to include in the presentation? I aiming to base it on the topic of diversity and/or mental health. Thanks.

2. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Golly that's some age range you've got there. Diversity/Mental Health is ' thoughtful' but won't the students have had this relentlessly fed them for ever ? Your lesson and interview has got to wow and stepping confidently outside the expected boxes will at the very least help them remember you.
    " The 1,000 year old boy " looks good. Look at the ' who wants to live forever ?' angle -the pitfalls etc. tie in with wishing and expectations....