1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

teaching assistant interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by gbee, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Hi
    I have a teaching assistant interview at a primary school next week, anyone got any suggestions of questions I could be asked and anything I should def say to secure me the job?

2. Hi
    I have a teaching assistant interview at a primary school next week, anyone got any suggestions of questions I could be asked and anything I should def say to secure me the job?

3. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Have a look at the interview questions thread.

https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/189651.aspx

Good luck.

4. Thank you - i will take a look!

5. Wow!! That is really helpful - now to research the answers!

6. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Best of luck with your interview x

7. interview tomorrow - getting nervous now - studying questions and answers - looking at this forum is sooooo helpful!

8. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

From 2 failed interviews - the feedback stated that I need to give more examples.

For example, when I was asked what qualities a TA should possess. I listed them. The feedback said they were looking for me to state and give a personal examples of each quality.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

9. i got the job!!! thanks so much to this thread for all the helpful advice on possible questions and answers!!
    a few of my questions - how would you communicate with a child with speech problems?
    any experience with sen children?, the classic security question, how would you look after yourself from this stressful job?
    I cant remember anymore!
    Good luck to everyone who is going for a job use this forum its brilliant!!

10. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Congratulations! Very pleased for you. Best of luck for September, now go and celebrate in style x

11. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Well done - great news.