1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Assistant interview questions

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by jess214smith, May 11, 2017.

1. jess214smith

jess214smith New commenter

Does anyone have a list of typical questions asked at an interview for a teaching assistant, please.

2. mrmatt73

mrmatt73 Occasional commenter

1. Why do you want this job ?
    2. In your previous experience, explain how you have helped a young learner
    3. What would you do if a student said that a member of their family was doing nasty things to them? (there is ALWAYS a safeguarding question)
    4. What sort of person are you?

That's a starter set ... just make sure you get the interview first. Make sure you answer all of the requirements in the person specification, otherwise you won't get considered for an interview.

3. Trekkie

Trekkie Occasional commenter

4. assama

assama New commenter

Hi everyone, I am not sure i'm posting in the right place but i have an interview for an experienced ks2 TAs post and have been told that i will have to do an activity (20 mins) with 6 mixed ability year 5 students.

I cant think of anything and its making me worry about the whole thing. I have worked as a secondary SEN TA for 5 years , i was a learning support prior to that for about 3 and i have also worked as a class teacher in the Middle East for two years, i taught English, Maths, Science and Humanities to year 4,5,6.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated...

p.s i havent worked within a school since 2015, i have been tutoring from my home.

thanx in advance

5. sulkydame

sulkydame New commenter

Hi
    If it's with 6 pupils it could be some kind of P4C or guided reading activity. The panel will most probably be looking for how you interact, your questioning, if you have a calm approach, sense of humour etc. Probably worth looking up some higher order question ideas (look at Blooms taxonomy) and have some ideas up your sleeve. Keep calm, keep to time, include all of the children, draw in the quiet ones, don't give too much attention to the forward ones. Good luck.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.