1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Assistant Interview Activity Help Required

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Buttons1600, May 6, 2012.

1. Hi

I have an interview very soon and have been advised that there will be an observed activity supporting pupils with their reading. The purpose is to observe how I interact with pupils, support their reading strategies and lead and resource a reading intervention of my choice!

Does anyone have any advice? I'm struggling to decide what to do.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. Hi

I have an interview very soon and have been advised that there will be an observed activity supporting pupils with their reading. The purpose is to observe how I interact with pupils, support their reading strategies and lead and resource a reading intervention of my choice!

Does anyone have any advice? I'm struggling to decide what to do.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

3. What age of children?

4. Hi. Yr3 & 4

5. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

If it were me, I think I would chose a reading piece that involved different characters, and get each child to read a character. The children would need to look at clues in the text to tell them what their characters are like, and how they are feeling, and represent that in their voices when they read out loud.

6. I would ask the children to predict what may happen next in the story and also ask questions to check their comprehension. I would also question whether they had formed opinions of the characters. If you are reading with a lower ability child/group, I would talk about the pictures first placing key words into the conversation, so the vocabulary is familiar when they attempt new words. Good luck!