1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching art at eyfs level

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by svthorpe, Jun 30, 2011.

1. I have recently graduated with first class honours in Fine Art and have previous experience of working as an HLTA in a primary school, where I planned lessons and taught art and dt.I also covered teachers during PPA time across all National Curriculum subjects. I have also had experience of teaching in workshop situations, as well as voluntary work in an infantschool and playgroup . I have applied for a couple of Art teacher jobs in a nursery but haven't heard any thing back. I wondered if any one had advice for me as to possible contacts for what I should do next and the best approach to get into art nursery teaching jobs.

2. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

To be honest, I've never seen a nursery job for an art teacher, although it sounds like a fab thing to do. But I am sure they would be looking for early years experience rather than or as well as art experience.