1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Apprenticeship

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by bevdaly, May 20, 2019.

1. Hi
    My school (I’m currently employed as a TLP) has offered for my to do a teaching apprenticeship. Does anyone have any experience of this? Or knows what it involves? I have read things about it on the internet but I would like to hear from people that are doing it or have apprentices in their school.
    Thanks

pepper5 likes this.
  2. Lalaland05

Lalaland05 New commenter

My sisters friend will be doing this. Basically its like teacher training. You need to collect evidence and under go observations. It’s like pgce but working and studying at the same time.

pepper5 likes this.
  3. Charly27

Charly27 New commenter

Hi bevdaly, lalaland05 is right. Entry criteria are the same as for all ITT routes: degree, English, maths and Science GCSE grade C/4. It’s over four terms, with 20% off the job training. After four terms you will achieve QTS, so in the eyes of DfE you will be a qualified teacher. In fourth term, first term of NQT year you will have, like all apprenticeships an EPA or end point assessment. This is by an external assessor who will observe your lesson and have a professional discussion based around your evidence collected against two of the eight teacher standards. Whilst you are training you should be paid as an unqualified teacher/instructor at just over £17,000. Hope that helps.

agathamorse likes this.