1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching alternate pronounciations- phase 5

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sara2323, Feb 11, 2011.

1. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

Hi, I'm teaching phase 5 alternate pronounciations next week. I've never taught this before and struggling to come up with exciting games/activities. We have about 20-25 minutes and I am looking for activities children can do on IWB and other interactive activities which are more interactive.
    I have got the graphemes and words its just the activities that I am struggling with!

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

3. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

Thanks Mrsz- I did have a look at the website, however the alternative pronounciation games require a subscription.

4. The word is alternative.
    Alternate means something quite different, and is not an alternative to "alternative."

5. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

Sorry- it was a typing error! I do mean alternative pronounciations- as you can see in above post :)

6. Thanks for your nice reply. :)

7. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

The subscription really isn't that expensive! £10 I think.
    I'm doing phase 5 as well and my kids love the phonics play activities.
    The 'phoneme spotter' stuff is really good and saves me hours.
    Well worth it I reckon.

8. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

The subscription isn't that expensive.
    £10 a year I think.
    Lots of activities on the site and my kids love it. Saves me hours I reckon.
    The phoneme spotter stuff is particularly good and they have sentences for blending for all the
    alternative phonemes. Don't work for them BTW.