1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching after final block placement...?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by sam_haworth, Jan 22, 2011.

1. <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">Hiya! I'm on my final block placement for a BEd in Primary (3-7) at Sheffield Hallam Univesity, and complete the placement in March. After this, I need to do my dissertation and have my full degree in June.
    However, as agencies are willing to take on final year students as unqualified teachers and send them into schools, can I, and other final year students, apply for jobs starting on the 3rd May (or other date after Easter) that are suitable for NQTs?
    Many Thanks! :)
    </td></tr></table>

2. <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">Hiya! I'm on my final block placement for a BEd in Primary (3-7) at Sheffield Hallam Univesity, and complete the placement in March. After this, I need to do my dissertation and have my full degree in June.
    However, as agencies are willing to take on final year students as unqualified teachers and send them into schools, can I, and other final year students, apply for jobs starting on the 3rd May (or other date after Easter) that are suitable for NQTs?
    Many Thanks! :)
    </td></tr></table>

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Agency work may be mainly daily supply and you need to check with your college the rules and regulations regarding your availability particularly as you have course work to complete. Many schools making appointments for September will get NQTs in early sometimes for up to a week to get them familiar with the school. In my area this end of July after the courses have finished and is usually paid on an unqualified rate as QTS has not yet been awarded.