1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching accountancy full time

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by NewStrings, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Maybe at university, but as far as I'm aware there are no "accountancy" courses in mainstream schooling? Business, perhaps, or maths.

2. Yes, sorry, I should have said at a college.

3. I don't think accountancy is done at any schools, but there are options at colleges, and universities. But I am unsure if there are any full time college staff teaching accountancy.

4. It was done as a video conferencing course at my sixthform. The students linked up with a tutor at a different college, and took part in the lesson as though they were there, but were actually in our sixthform centre.
    So yes, there are accountancy courses done at colleges.
    There are also apprenticeship college courses where students work 3 or 4 days a week at an accountancy firm, and are released to college for the remainder of the week. They complete the AAT through the appernticeship.
    JSY x