1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching abroad

Discussion in 'Primary' started by morrish4, Feb 22, 2011.

1. In July I will have finished my NQT year and will have come to the end of my 12 month contract at my school. I have always wanted to teach abroad and would love to go in September. Ideally I would like to teach in Europe in an International School (I speak a little bit of a few languages but no where near fluent!!)
    Does anybody have any idea how I go about moving aroad to teach? Has anybody any experience of this already? I am unsure where to start :S any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance :)
    Morrish

2. Just start applying to job you like the look of. TES jobs is a good place to start. One point to bear in mind though is often the better schools will ask for a minimum of 2 years teaching experience, although not all of them will ask this.

3. invincible

invincible New commenter

And the ones that don't ask for that are not the not-very-good schools for no reason. You seriously have to be ready to hit the floor running when you go to work in an international school and you will be expected to know exactly what to do, how to do it and how to fit in with what is already there. My own school asks for a minimum of 4 years experience from teachers from overseas, and it's not for no reason.

4. Thank you very much to you both for your advice, it is very much appreciated :)