1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Abroad - Where to Start?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by An_d88, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I browse the forums on TES regularly and thought I would take advantage of the wealth of advice that I could receive from all the teachers who are members. I am currently coming to the end of my 2nd year of teaching in Primary School and I am really interested in deepening my teaching experience by teaching abroad. I am unsure where to start though!
    I would like to move somewhere with my girlfriend for at least a year, but I would like to have some sort of security of employment for myself, finances and accommodation due to debts hanging over my head from University. I would love to teach in Australia or New Zealand, not only due to the beautiful landscape and glorious weather, but also as they already speak English and it has always been somewhere that I would like to live. However I am open to suggestions, with USA or Thailand also grabbing my attention. Where should I apply though? Where can I get extra information? Has anyone done anything similar and can offer me some invaluable advise?
    I managed to achieve a First Class Degree in my BEd (Hons) Course and I regularly get Good - Outstanding Teaching Observation Feedback. I would ideally like to work in KS2 and have worked full-time in year 5 for my first 2 years as a teacher. I hope that this, and the fact that I am a male (relatively rare in Primary Education), may stand me in good stead when applying for positions abroad.

I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction!

2. Hi,
    I browse the forums on TES regularly and thought I would take advantage of the wealth of advice that I could receive from all the teachers who are members. I am currently coming to the end of my 2nd year of teaching in Primary School and I am really interested in deepening my teaching experience by teaching abroad. I am unsure where to start though!
    I would like to move somewhere with my girlfriend for at least a year, but I would like to have some sort of security of employment for myself, finances and accommodation due to debts hanging over my head from University. I would love to teach in Australia or New Zealand, not only due to the beautiful landscape and glorious weather, but also as they already speak English and it has always been somewhere that I would like to live. However I am open to suggestions, with USA or Thailand also grabbing my attention. Where should I apply though? Where can I get extra information? Has anyone done anything similar and can offer me some invaluable advise?
    I managed to achieve a First Class Degree in my BEd (Hons) Course and I regularly get Good - Outstanding Teaching Observation Feedback. I would ideally like to work in KS2 and have worked full-time in year 5 for my first 2 years as a teacher. I hope that this, and the fact that I am a male (relatively rare in Primary Education), may stand me in good stead when applying for positions abroad.

I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction!

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper