1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching abroad - spouse visa?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by kdtwist, Jul 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. kdtwist

kdtwist New commenter

Hi, I'm after some advice for anyone who has taught in Japan please. I'm keen to apply for a job and move with family (Husband and 2 children) in the next few years. I am a qualified and experienced primary teacher, my only worry is that Husband does not have a degree. He does however have a stable career in Estate Management (currently in the independent education sector). Would it be unrealistic to hope that the school I worked in would employ him also? If not, what are our options (if any!)?

Thank you so much for any advice.

2. nikki2482

nikki2482 New commenter

My husband has no qualifications whatsoever for various reasons in his life. He has however always made more money than me! Go figure.

My school in Thailand have just offered him a job as a librarian just to get his foot in the door. He has no experience in this area but I think if the school want to help you enough as a family they will find something.