1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Abroad for the Summer - Paid flights?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Bookshelf2012, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Just wondering is there such a thing?
    4 weeks in the summer, willing to go anywhere, happy to volunteer/unpaid teaching, but does any organisation offer free flights there?
    Thanks to anyone who has some insight x

2. Just wondering is there such a thing?
    4 weeks in the summer, willing to go anywhere, happy to volunteer/unpaid teaching, but does any organisation offer free flights there?
    Thanks to anyone who has some insight x

3. Dont know of any but sounds interesting. Id do it if there were just couldnt afford flights either myself

4. moggycat

moggycat New commenter

So would I! If you hear of anything can you let us know?[​IMG]

5. Brutally honestly no because you're not worth the cost of the flight! That sounds horrible I know, but for you to go somewhere for 4 weeks where you don't know the education system or culture would make very little or no difference to the lives of the local children/people. Therefore nobody is going to pay for your flights.

There are a few organisations that organise teacher exchange/study programmes where you spend over a year making links and working (via email etc.) with local partner teachers to learn about and develop an aspect of both of your teaching/curriculum. Some of these may offer free/subsidised flights for the study trip aspect. I don't know the names of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure google will throw a few up.

I'm willing to be corrected if anyone does know of an organisation that does offer free flights for short-term placements!