1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching abroad as a single parent with 2 young children

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by mpierre7, Feb 20, 2017.

1. mpierre7

mpierre7 New commenter

Hi,

I am thinking about moving abroad (Middle East) however, I have two young children ages 5 and 2. I just wanted to get an idea of people's experiences and what to expect. If there are any single parents who have made the move, how did the school transition work for your children? Do they offer childcare facilities for younger children ( I would like to go when my youngest is three) and what were your personal experiences like as a single parent?

Thanks in advance!

2. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

There is a dedicated teaching overseas board if you scroll down the main community page. Put it there. People here probably have limited knowledge of working abroad.

From what I do know, some schools do offer facilities for young children, it isn't a given any more though.

What is your reason for wanting to go to the middle east specifically? I wonder about the lifestyle out there with a young family?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. mpierre7

mpierre7 New commenter

Thank you for your reply! I will re post in the suggested group. From my research I have found that most schools do offer schooling for young children but I couldn't find much information on 'pre school'

I know a few ex colleagues who have moved there and love the lifestyle however, they are single couples so I just wanted to know people's experiences on raising a family there.