1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching about sound to the hearing impaired

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Mulberry146, May 5, 2011.

1. Hello!
    I was wondering if anyone could help . . . . I have a child in my class (Year 1) who normally wears a cochlear implant but he lost part of it yesterday (it won't be replaced for quite a while). OFSTED are due in on Mon and one of the things I am teaching that day is on the topic of sound - I was going to see if the children could match sounds to pictures- usually not a problem! Our SENCO doesn't work on a Fri so I was wondering if anyone had an idea of something I could give his LSA to work on to do with this topic or a different way I could teach matching sound to objects? Usually I can work these things out but - My brian has shut off for some reason!
    I'm grateful for any advice!
    Thanks

2. Hello!
    I was wondering if anyone could help . . . . I have a child in my class (Year 1) who normally wears a cochlear implant but he lost part of it yesterday (it won't be replaced for quite a while). OFSTED are due in on Mon and one of the things I am teaching that day is on the topic of sound - I was going to see if the children could match sounds to pictures- usually not a problem! Our SENCO doesn't work on a Fri so I was wondering if anyone had an idea of something I could give his LSA to work on to do with this topic or a different way I could teach matching sound to objects? Usually I can work these things out but - My brian has shut off for some reason!
    I'm grateful for any advice!
    Thanks

3. inq

inq

Have they got a hearing aid/ radio aid in other ear? If so they may well still be able to do the activity with their LSA jsut in a separate area.
    If not could they sort pictures into loud sounds/ quiet sounds?