1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching A-Level languages

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by SarahMiller1988, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I am a French & Spanish NQT at a school in South West London. In general my first year is going quite well, but I am finding it difficult teaching AS level this year. My subject knowledge is good, but I find it really difficult choosing activities that will help students to learn the best during their lessons. I only see these students once a week - they have my colleague for two hours a week & see a languages assistant for two other hours a week. I am currently teaching the Popular Culture module from AQA. We have covered cinema and are moving on to music & fashion.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of some great resources or some direction as to what activities are best in A-Level languages lessons.

Thanks in advance!!

Sarah.

2. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Have you come across www.frenchteacher.net yet? I couldn't live without it! I hope you've also had the opportunity to observe A-level teaching - perhaps you could liaise with the other teacher/head of department to see examples of their resources and activities. If you pm me with your email I can send you the resources I have on this topic (French only).

3. Look on the yahoo mfl resources forum - there was a thread about music AS with some great resources attached at the beginning of January

4. Hi Redpens,
    How can I get into that yahoo mfl resources forum?
    I have looked it up and cannot find any forum or any current resources, perhaps I am looking at the wrong site!
    Thanks

5. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

6. You have to sign up for it (free) . I think it's under yahoo groups if i rememebr correctly. Another great forum for swapping resources and discussing issues.