1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teachers With Dyslexia

Discussion in 'Personal' started by AlexanderSellers, Feb 22, 2016.

1. AlexanderSellers

AlexanderSellers New commenter

Hello,

I would like to invite teachers with dyslexia to participate in a research study titled ‘An investigation into strategies used by teachers with dyslexia to support themselves in their profession’ as part of my dissertation for the BA Honors in Childhood Studies (Top-up) at City College Norwich in association of the University of East Anglia.
    The aims of my research are to discover what teachers with dyslexia perceive to be the difficulties and benefits of their dyslexia, what strategies they adopt to overcome their dyslexia both inside and outside of the classroom and if having experience of a barrier to learning influences their professional practice, particularly when teaching children with barriers to learning?

In this study, you will be asked to complete an electronic survey. Your participation in this study is voluntary and you are free to withdraw your participation at any time. The survey should take only 15 minutes to complete. This survey has received ethics clearance through the Ethics Review Board at City College Norwich. There are no risks associated with participating in this study. All of the responses in the survey will be recorded anonymously, and handled with the strictest privacy, sensitivity, dignity, respect and professionalism.

If you have any questions regarding this study, or would like additional information to assist you in reaching a decision about participation, please contact me at by e-mail ata2sellers@student.ccn.ac.uk. You can also contact my supervisor, Alison Schwier by e-mail atalison.schwier@ccn.ac.uk.

By completing and submitting this survey, you are indicating your consent to participate in the study. Your participation is truly appreciated.

I hope that the results of my study will add to a body of knowledge that could be of benefit to teachers with dyslexia in the future.

Kind regards,
    Alexander Sellers

Please click on the survey link below:

http://goo.gl/forms/hzG4JG3Ord

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Up for the daytime people.