1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teachers with dyslexia

Discussion in 'Primary' started by AlexanderSellers, Oct 19, 2015.

1. AlexanderSellers

AlexanderSellers New commenter

Hello all,

I hope I'm reposting this here, following pepper5’s kind suggestion...

I have just commenced my final year of my BA (Hons) Childhood Studies (Top-up) at City College Norwich in association with The University of East Anglia. For my dissertation, I am considering conducting research into teachers, particularly those in primary, who have Dyslexia and their methods of overcoming their own barriers to learning and their supportive and creative pedagogical approaches.

I was wondering if anyone has, or knows of Teachers with Dyslexia and how they find working in education or how teachers without dyslexia feel about teachers with dyslexia, for example, are there any particular areas in which they excel or find more challenging?

I would be grateful for any information or opinions on this topic.

Many thanks,

Alex Sellers

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Certainly I have had colleagues with dyslexia (in Primary) and one even made it into a 'spot the deliberate mistakes' exercise. Some bright child would always be able to spot and they then all learnt how not to reverse numbers/ spell correctly etc. Understanding that children may have difficulties can only help to make one a better teacher.