1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teachers who have left the teaching profession

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by jbryson12688, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Good Afternoon!

My name is Justin Bryson and I am currently in the research phase of my dissertation, which is entitled Teacher Attrition: How Do early Career Teachers Perceive and/or Experience Attrition.

My goal is to better understand why new teachers (teachers who have only taught for 3-5 years) leave the teaching profession. I will be conducting interviews (about 45 minutes long) with willing participants who fit within the guidelines of leaving the profession within 3-5 years of teaching to better understand why teachers left and provide more data to decision makers.

If you, or if you know of anyone who left the teaching profession within 5 five years of their career and are willing to be intervied please contact me at crf_brysonjp@cuchicago.edu . Thank you all so much for your time and consideration!

Thanks,

Justin Bryson

2. MichaelLeeRFV23

MichaelLeeRFV23 New commenter

This is a great topic, I think that salary has to do something with it. I will share this with my friends.