1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

teachers wages this month

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sywilk, May 1, 2012.

1. has anyone else noticed that there wages have gone down this month? mine are down £20 but i have paid £40 more pension and £30 more tax and my tax code has changed.

2. has anyone else noticed that there wages have gone down this month? mine are down £20 but i have paid £40 more pension and £30 more tax and my tax code has changed.

3. I haven't checked my payslip, but was expecting a dip. I was hoping that the increase in the personal allowance would help bridge the gap. I'm not sure why you would pay more tax. Where are you on the payscale?

4. LittleBrownBear

LittleBrownBear New commenter

Did they not change the personal allowance in the budget? This month is the first for the increase in pension contributions.
    LBB

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

£40 more pension but £20 less tax.

6. I'm on M2 and it appears that I am pretty much staying the same, so no benefit from the increase in the tax allowance as it is swallowed up by the pension increase. My husband (post threshold) seems to be £20ish down overall like you Inky.

7. I got £40 more this month than I did last month.

8. I'm the same, about £20 down this month! Not goo!