1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teachers TV Closure

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by DomColl, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Anyone else out there really sad that Teachers TV has been axed. Without it, I don't know how I would have taught PSHE. Am madly trying to download all the good videos.

2. Gutted. I'm also sat inside downloading! It has been so helpful, not just for videos to use in class, but for my own development as well.
    I think it was once mooted that TES might archive some of the videos - I don't know what came of that idea.

3. Very annoyed! I have many links to Teachers TV videos in the websites and blogs that I manage. They are mainly links to videos of teachers using ICT in the MFL classroom - which is my main area of interest. I have downloaded all the videos that I have found useful and stored them safely on my home network.
    Apparently, it will be possible for distributors to continue streaming the videos, but how this will work in practice is not yet clear. Anyone can apply to the DfE for a licence to be a distributor according to the Teachers TV website. Now I have to set about removing all the links that I have so patiently set up over the last few years. Grrr!
    Regards
    Graham Davies
    Emeritus Professor of Computer Assisted Language Learning

4. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I'm gutted by the loss of Extra. Unfortunatly,they can't be downloaded.

5. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

There is a link to download each of the programmes for Extra, but of course there is a statement that says you can't store the videos.
    You probably know the link for the full series, but here it is in case other fans of Extra don't.
    http://www.teachers.tv/series/extra-german

6. BrightonEarly

Well at least there is a link to download episode 1. But not episode 2 - perhaps some of the others have a link.

7. BrightonEarly

Did you also know that the Teacher Resource Exchange (TRE) was frozen as well not long after the new Government came into power? Changes all around obviously.

8. BrightonEarly

9. dalej

dalej New commenter

10. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

What I don't understand is why they need to take the site down as well. I can understand that with funding cut they can't make new programmes, but why not leave the site in place as it is??