1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teachers T.V

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jasminemay, Sep 11, 2011.

1. If you watch teachers T.V., is there any way of formally evidencing that you have watched a programme.

2. I'm sure if you could just jot down a short reflection about what you have learned and how it will affect your practise, then that should be plenty for your evidence file.
    We were always told to not worry too much about proving you've done something. You are a professional, and should be trusted to act professionally (and not lie!)

3. In 'the old days', the TTV website had a viewing log facility, where you could record when/why you were watching, your evaluation of how useful it was, what you had learnt from it, and how you were planning to use it (if memory serves). I would just keep a record of what you watch, and a brief summary of what you gain from it to show that you are taking responsibility for your professional development. Neither of my placement schools had any EAL children, so I watched a couple of programmes on this area, and made copious notes which I included in my portfolio to go towards the relevant standards. Hope that helps x.

4. Thank you so much for your kind advice. I will do that.

5. My Training Provider has given us a proforma for a reflective log as well as one for wider reading and we are expected to use those for watching Teachers TV or reading. Makes it easier as then the time watching can be logged as well.